Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Up-Cycled Shirt

Presentation3
I had this shirt in my closet, and I liked all of the lacy trim, but I didn’t like how it fit, and decided to get rid of it.  I snatched it back out of the donate pile though, as inspiration struck.  I’d made a pillowcase dress before, and realized that if I removed the part of the shirt above the lace band, it could easily work.  (And with minimal sewing!)
New Image photo(21) photo(22) photo(20)
I made a pair of linen pants to go with it, and used the “booby covers” that I’d cut off the shirt as back pockets.  I didn’t get a picture of the back of the pants, but it turned out really cute!  The only things I had to purchase were the ribbon, the fabric for the pants, and elastic.  In all, less than $8 for an outfit she wore to all the fall festivals.
If you need a good tutorial for pants, HERE is the one that I purchased off of Etsy.  The lady walks you through, step by step, exactly how to make pants!  Super Easy!!
Thanks,
Jenny