Thursday, April 26, 2012

Petite Dining Table

Presentation 

We have a new project to show you!  I always get so excited when something we've worked hard on gets finished, and I can post pictures!  Here is the latest:

Bear got creative with this next project and put two pieces together to create a petite dining table that can seat up to four.  Perfect for a small apartment or a kitchen eating nook.  As usual, we repurposed existing pieces, to create this unique table.
1
Here’s what we started with.  A metal stand, and the top from this old coffee table.  (We already used the bottom of the table to create a new, improved coffee table, and we have plans for the galvanized bucket.)  Bear took what we had left to create this table.
First I (Bear) removed the top of the coffee table.  I then turned the table top upside down and centered the stand on it. I attached the two using 1/2 inch utility fasteners.
2 3
I turned the table right side up, and gave it a coat of primer after sanding it down. I then painted two coats of paint.
4 5
I used stencils to create a quote in French on the top. The quote states: “You be the sun, I’ll be the moon, just let your light come shining through, and when night comes, just like the moon, I’ll shine the night light back on you.”  (My wife’s favorite quote…) Then I distressed the table’s edges.
6
And the finished project, one last time.  Ta-Da!  We’re excited with how it turned out!   One note:  It’s definitely the aged affect that Bear used at the end of the stenciling project that finishes the table off.  It now has a warm, time-worn, aged look to it.  Just like a little Parisian Cafe Table should. 
422022_336127396407892_100000319036202_1092423_1872311194_n
JennyBear